Conditions of Class Entry to All Competitions:
As a competitor you agree to the conditions in the schedule and to abide by the decision of the judges and not to hold the Secretary or Trustees in any way responsible for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever occurring on the showground during the day of the show. You understand that it is a requirement of the Society that all competitors have up-to-date public liability insurance and you can provide evidence that you hold up to date public liability insurance. This can be obtained from NFU Mutual, Market Harborough Office.
BLASTON SHOW RULES
1. All persons entering this Show in any capacity do so at their own risk, and the Society will not be responsible under any circumstances for any loss, damage or injury arising from any accident occurring upon the Showground or Car Park, whether personal or otherwise. The Society and its Officers shall not be responsible for any accident, damage or loss, however caused that may occur to any exhibitor or his servant or to any animal, article or property exhibited or brought to the Showground by him. Each exhibitor shall indemnify the Society from and against all actions suits expenses or claims on account or in respect of any such damage or injury however caused.
2. All animals entering this Show in any capacity do so at their owner’s risk, and the Committee will not be responsible under any circumstances for any loss, damage or injury arising from any accident occurring upon the Showground or Car Park.
3. Any protest or objection must be lodged with the Hon. Secretary before the close of the Show accompanied by a £20 deposit. In the event of the protest or objection being overruled by the Society, the deposit will be forfeited.
4. Entries will not be accepted unless accompanied by the appropriate fees. Once an entry is made there will be no refund of entry fee.
5. Correctly secured British Standard Skull Caps/Riding hats that meet current safety standards MUST be worn by riders at all times when mounted.
6. Body protectors may be worn and are strongly recommended.
7. In extreme weather conditions a Judge may use discretion regarding coats on the day.
8. First aid cover for every equine entrant must be paid at point of class entry.
9. Once an entry is made there will be no refund of entry fee.
10. The Society reserves the right for judges, stewards, honorary veterinary surgeon or Officers of the Society to remove any animal or competitor from the Show without providing reasons, that decision will be final and must be complied with forthwith.
11. All dogs must be kept on leads and under proper control at all times and dog mess should be collected and disposed of in the bins provided
12. Dog Show and Craft Exhibitors are required to pay full admission to Showground.
13. All motor vehicles parked at owners’ risk
14. All Cup/Trophies remain the property of the Blaston and District Agricultural Show Society. A £25 refundable deposit is required for the acceptance of a cup/trophy which must be returned in good condition and cleaned, to the Show secretary by 31st May of the following year they were presented
15. All equine entries must enter the Showground through the designated horse box parking area through the indicated gate and use the designated horse walk at all times.
16. No animals should be exercised in the showground or horse box park, except within the designated collecting rings.
17. THE JUDGES AND STEWARDS DECISION IS FINAL.
18. ANY VEHICLES ACCOMPANYING HORSE BOXES AND TRAILERS MUST PAY ADMISSION – £10 PER VEHICLE.
19. EMERGENCY PROCEDURE – In the event of a major incident during the Show the emergency procedure will be put into effect and the public and exhibitors shall be informed and directed through the public address system and show stewards. The Show Organising Committee has done everything possible to make your day at Blaston Show as pleasant and safe as possible. To assist us in this endeavour you are asked to:
• Promptly observe all safety information and instructions verbally given over the PA system or by Show Officials
• Take note and obey all safety signs
• Stay out of the rings during showing
• Stay away from the horse box and livestock trailer areas
• Keep children under control
• Keep dogs on leads and clear up all dog mess
• Not use flash photography near to livestock
• Take care on areas of the showground where the ground is uneven, slippery or damaged by rabbits or other wildlife
• Keep all marked emergency access routes and entry / exit points clear at all times
• A health and safety document is available upon request for inspection.
The Show Directors, its servants or agents, accept no responsibility for loss or damage to any vehicle, accessories or contents, however such loss or damage may be caused, or for injuries to persons or livestock whilst on the Showground.